Did I Tell You...

...that there was a gang-related shooting at the end of my block last Monday? No? I didn't mention it? Well, there was.

I knew that something was going down when I left the house around 6, and then the street was blocked off with tape, police vans, and media when I got home at 8. So, I wandered down the street to see what was up. Two neighbors I happened upon told me that 3 people were shot and that 2 were dead. Great!

Down by the park, I saw two other neighbors- ones that I know. So, I asked what was up and was told that they had been on their porch when about 5 shots were fired. Good times!
They had the CSI numbers by glass and stuff on the street and were taking pictures.

I don't really have to worry about gangs taking over the place, because the people involved weren't from this area of town. It just so happens that there is a park at the end of the street where people like to loiter, deal, and do drugs while children play on the swings.

What? Why are you looking at me like that? I didn't tell my parents. No way.