Self belief _ relaxation therapy

relaxation and scripts for self-help, personal change and fulfilment
I deserve to be,
I want to be,
I can be,
I will be,
I am.

If you want to change your life you need to change how you think and change what you do. Self-help, personal change, being happy: it's up to you. No-one else.
You decide. This is the first step. Self-help starts with you. Self-help and personal change starts with your realisation that it really is in your own hands, and your decision to do something about it.
Your own self-belief is the key to successful life-change, achievement, contentment, and happiness.
Your own mind, particularly positive suggestion and visualisation, will develop your self-belief, and your determination to make successful change to your life.
This page will help you begin to change the way you think, feel and act.
Visit it any time you want to boost your self-belief, to relax, and to regain control of your life and direction.

Print this page and put it above your mirror, above your bed, above your desk, anywhere you'll see it every day.
Make time - actually schedule some time in your planner or diary to do this. It will dramatically improve your mood, attitude, and approach to life, and therefore what you get from life.
Positive suggestion and visualisation, combined with deep relaxation, is an easy way to make powerful positive personal change.
Just going through this relaxation exercise alone will help to change and improve the way you feel. If you combine the relaxation techniques with a repeated script of positive statements, such as the 'I am' script below, you will begin change the way you think, and feel, and act, and all that life offers as a result.
The more you use the relaxation exercise and say or hear the script, then the greater and more sustainable will be the effect.
The time it takes to change depends on different people. Stick with it and it will become easier, more natural, more enjoyable, and it will work.

relaxation exercise

  1. Sit or lie down comfortably. Properly comfortably. Straighten your back, put your shoulders back to open your rib-cage.
  2. Relax your shoulder muscles particularly. Relax your whole body, and empty your mind.
  3. Close your eyes (obviously open them when you need to read the next stage).
  4. Take ten deep, slow breaths. Breathe from the pit of your stomach and feel your lungs filling.
  5. Focus on your breathing. Feel it getting deeper and slower. Feel yourself relaxing and any tension drifting away.
  6. Relax your shoulders and neck again.
  7. Visualise yourself being happy, succeeding, winning, being loved, laughing, feeling good.
  8. Relax your forehead, your mouth and your eyes.
  9. Allow a gentle smile to appear on your face as you feel a calmness enter your mind.
  10. Then say (out load ideally) the words below (a script for personal change) to yourself:
 

i am

I am good person.
I have integrity.
I do what is ethically right and good.
Whatever life puts before me will be useful experience that will make me stronger, wiser, and more tolerant.
I am strong enough to understand and make allowances for other people's weaknesses, and their behaviour towards me. Other people's behaviour is about them, not me.
I focus on the joy of living my life and helping others where and when I can.
I am what I eat and drink, so I eat and drink good things.
I am what I watch and play and listen, so I watch and play and listen to good positive things.
I take exercise which I enjoy. I walk when I don't need to drive or take the bus or train.
I smile and laugh whenever I can - life is good - getting caught in the rain reminds me that it is good to be alive to feel it.
I forgive other people. Deep down everyone is a good person, just like me.
I am a compassionate and loving, caring person.
I am a good person.
I am.