Nearly all of us spend long intervals of time working at the computer. Whether you spend 2 hours or 20 hours staring at the computer screen, taking good care of your eyes will help promote eye health, prevent eye disorders and reduce the brutal effects of exposure to the screen.
You can relieve eye strain, headache and blurring of vision by performing certain eye exercises daily. Make sure you take frequent breaks from the computer and follow these techniques on a regular basis.
|Eye Glasses are frequent |
among computer users
Eye Exercises for Computer Users: Improve Eyesight Naturally
The following exercises are decidedly beneficial and can even be done at your office desk. These exercises help relieve stress and strain in the muscles of the eyes, keep the vision good, give your eyes a much needed rest and also rejuvenate them.
Palming: Palming soothes tired eyes and banishes eye strain. Sit in a chair, comfortably. Close your eyes. Massage your palms briskly, and place them over the shut eyes. When doing so, do not put excessive pressure over the eyes, just cup them gently. Hold for a minute. This technique helps soothen the eye and also aids in improving vision.
Scanning: Scanning helps your eyes fine-tune to near and far objects. Sit comfortably. Focus your eyes on an object in the room; draw the outline of each object, moving from wall to wall. The eyes should move continually, from object to object, on the other hand, not in a haphazard manner. Scan the room for 2 to 3 minutes.
Eye Aerobics: Close your eyes. Keeping them closed; look up as far as you can. Do not strain your eyes though. Then, look down. Repeat thrice. Now, open your eyes. After a minute close them again and move them to the left, and then to the right. Repeat thrice. Open your eyes..
Eye Yoga: Trataka (Candle Gazing) for Eye Strain among Computer Users
Trataka cures diseases of the eyes and removes tiredness. It also helps focus the mind, improve concentration and is calming.
- Light a candle and place it on a low table. The candle should be in level with your eyes. Sit comfortably on the floor. The flame should be about 1 meter from your face.
- Gaze at the flame steadily, without blinking, for about 30 seconds. Gradually, increase this count to 60 seconds.
- Initially, gazing without blinking will be difficult; however, with regular practice you will be able to do it well.
- Keep your mind steady and resist any temptation to blink.
- When your time is up, close your eyes. An after image of the flame will appear. When it disappears, open your eyes. You can do the second round of gazing then.
- Repeat thrice. After the third round, practice palming of the eyes.