Persistent tiredness, along with flu-like systems is frequently seen in a large number of individuals; chronic fatigue syndrome is a poorly understood, disabling disorder that is associated with an attenuated and frail immune system. There are a host of home remedies and diet suggestions that can help in effective and natural management of chronic fatigue syndrome.
|Chronic Fatigue is |
- Constant or recurring weariness and exhaustion, lasting for 6 months and more; not better by rest.
- Difficulty in sleeping and insomina are common symptoms
- Difficulty in concentrating and carrying out day to day tasks
- Diminished memory
- Frequent and recurrent Headaches
- Low grade fever, sore throat and body pain
- Melancholia and depression
Treatment for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: Home Remedies to Treat CFS
- Echinacea: Echinacea has powerful immunity enhancing effects; doctors recommend 200 mg of the herb, twice daily to pep up the immune system.
- Ginseng: Ginseng is a widely used Chinese herb that enhances the longevity and quality of life. It helps the body fight a whole range of illnesses. The herb stimulates the production of killer T cells of the immune system that annihilate harmful bacteria and viruses. Ginseng is a potent herb that will help overcome tiredness and exhaustion and balance the release of stress hormones within the body. 100 mg twice daily is recommended.
- Pantothenic acid supplementation: pantothenic acid or vitamin B5 helps bolster the adrenal glands which release hormone cortisol. Cortisol combats stress and augments energy levels. A supplement of 500 mg everyday is advocated.
|Echinacea is a natural herb|
to fight fatigue
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Diet: Foods to manage Fatigue
- Vitamin C rich foods: boost your daily intake of vitamin C rich foods. Vitamin C is an immune system fortifier. It perks up the functioning of the immune mechanism appreciably and fights of infections and free radicals, thus shielding the body from harm. Excellent sources of the vitamin are: limes, lemons, oranges, bell peppers, papayas, mangoes, chilies, guavas and tomatoes.
- Carotenoid rich foods: Carotenoid is the red, yellow and orange pigment that is found in most fruits and vegetables. It is a powerful disease-fighter and a potent anti oxidant. It scavenges free radical and destroys them. Carotenoids help to enhance immunity significantly. Food sources are: carrots, tomatoes, papayas, watermelon and guavas.
- Magnesium rich foods: Magnesium helps fight weakness, battles stress and decreases body pain effectively. Incorporate plenty of: leafy vegetables, nuts, legumes and whole grains; they supply the body with loads of this vital mineral.